What is an Aux Speaker and Why is it Important?
If you’re looking to enhance the sound quality of your music, movie, or gaming experience, you’ll want to invest in a good-quality speaker. While there are many types of speakers available on the market, those with an auxiliary (aux) input provide a unique advantage that’s not found in other types of speakers. In this article, we’ll discuss what an aux speaker is and why it’s important for your audio needs.
Definition of an Aux Input
An aux input is a type of audio jack that allows you to connect an external audio device to a speaker. You can use a standard 3.5mm jack to connect your phone, tablet, or laptop to a speaker that has an aux input. With an aux input, you can listen to music, watch movies, or play games with high-quality sound.
Advantages of Using an Aux Input
Using an aux input with your speaker provides several advantages. First, it allows you to connect multiple devices to a single speaker, which can be useful if you have multiple devices that you use to play audio. Second, an aux input provides a more stable and reliable connection compared to Bluetooth. Finally, using an aux input can improve the sound quality of your audio, as it provides a direct and unprocessed connection between the audio source and the speaker.
Top 5 Bluetooth Speakers with an Aux Input
Bluetooth speakers with an aux input provide the best of both worlds. You can connect your audio device via Bluetooth or an aux cord, making it more versatile and convenient to use. Here are the top 5 Bluetooth speakers with an aux input.
LG XBOOM Go PL5
- Price: $99.99
- Features: Portable, waterproof, long battery life (18 hours), multi-color lighting, microphone and guitar input
- Description: The LG XBOOM Go PL5 is a great portable speaker that packs a punch. With long battery life and waterproof features, it’s perfect for outdoor activities. The multi-color lighting and microphone and guitar input make it a great choice for parties and gatherings.
Klipsch Heritage Groove
- Price: $149.00
- Features: Compact, long battery life (8 hours), high-quality sound, Bluetooth 4.2, durable design
- Description: The Klipsch Heritage Groove is a small but powerful speaker that delivers high-quality sound. It’s perfect for on-the-go use and has a durable design that can withstand drops and bumps.
- Price: $32.99
- Features: Portable, waterproof, long battery life (24 hours), Bluetooth 4.2, high-quality sound
- Description: The Tribit XSound Go is an affordable and versatile speaker that’s perfect for outdoor use. It has a long battery life and is waterproof, making it ideal for camping trips and beach days.
- Price: $169.99
- Features: Portable, long battery life (10 hours), high-quality sound, Bluetooth 4.0, built-in microphone
- Description: The Edifier MP700 is a stylish and compact speaker that delivers high-quality sound. It’s perfect for on-the-go use and has a built-in microphone for hands-free calling.
- Price: $248.00
- Features: Portable, long battery life (24 hours), high-quality sound, Bluetooth 5.0, party lights
- Description: The Sony SRS-XB43 is a premium speaker that delivers exceptional sound quality and has a long battery life. It’s perfect for parties and gatherings with its built-in party lights and multi-device connectivity.
Each of these speakers offers unique features and advantages, making them great choices for different needs and preferences.
Best Portable Speakers with an Aux Input
Portable speakers with an aux input provide you with high-quality sound on the go. Whether you’re heading to the beach or going on a road trip, a portable speaker with an aux input is a must-have. Here are the 3 best portable speakers with an aux input.
1. JBL Charge 4
The JBL Charge 4 is the best overall portable speaker. It has an aux input option, a long battery life, and an impressive volume boost. It’s perfect for outdoor activities and can be charged via USB. With its high-quality sound and durability, the JBL Charge 4 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable portable speaker.
2. Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2
The Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 is a great portable speaker with an aux input. It has a long battery life, a waterproof design, and excellent sound quality. It’s perfect for outdoor activities and can be easily connected to your audio device via Bluetooth or an aux cord. With its compact size and durable design, the Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 is a great choice for anyone looking for a portable speaker.
3. Bose SoundLink Micro
The Bose SoundLink Micro is a high-quality portable speaker that’s perfect for on-the-go use. It has a long battery life, a water-resistant design, and excellent sound quality. With its compact size and built-in microphone, the Bose SoundLink Micro is a great choice for anyone looking for a portable speaker that delivers great sound quality.
Each of these portable speakers offers unique features and advantages, making them great choices for different needs and preferences.
Difference Between Aux and Bluetooth Connections
When it comes to connecting your audio device to a speaker, you have two options: aux and Bluetooth. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a breakdown of the difference between aux and Bluetooth connections.
An aux connection is a wired connection between your audio device and the speaker. It uses a 3.5mm audio cable to transmit the audio signal from your device to the speaker. Aux connections have several advantages, including:
- Better sound quality: Aux connections provide better sound quality than Bluetooth connections, as they transmit the audio signal directly from your device to the speaker without any compression.
- No battery drain: Since aux connections are wired, they don’t require any battery power to work.
- No interference: Aux connections are not susceptible to interference from other devices, which can sometimes happen with Bluetooth connections.
However, aux connections also have some disadvantages, including:
- Not wireless: Aux connections require a physical cable to connect your audio device to the speaker, which can limit your mobility.
- Limited range: The length of the cable limits the distance between your device and the speaker.
A Bluetooth connection is a wireless connection between your audio device and the speaker. It uses Bluetooth technology to transmit the audio signal from your device to the speaker. Bluetooth connections have several advantages, including:
- Wireless: Bluetooth connections are wireless, which means you can move around freely while using them.
- Long range: Bluetooth connections have a range of up to 30 feet, which gives you more flexibility in where you can place your speaker.
- Easy to use: Bluetooth connections are easy to set up and use.
However, Bluetooth connections also have some disadvantages, including:
- Lower sound quality: Bluetooth connections compress the audio signal, which can result in lower sound quality compared to aux connections.
- Battery drain: Bluetooth connections require battery power to work, which can drain your device’s battery.
- Interference: Bluetooth connections can sometimes be susceptible to interference from other devices, which can affect the sound quality.
In summary, aux connections provide better sound quality and are not susceptible to interference, but they are limited by wires and distance. Bluetooth connections are wireless and easy to use, but the sound quality may be lower, and they are susceptible to interference and battery drain.
Tips for Connecting an Aux to a Wireless Speaker
Connecting an aux to a wireless speaker can be a bit tricky, but with the right approach, it can be done easily. Here are some tips for connecting an aux to a wireless speaker:
1. Check the Speaker’s Manual
Before attempting to connect an aux to a wireless speaker, it’s essential to consult the speaker’s manual. The manual will provide you with detailed instructions on how to connect your audio device to the speaker via an aux cable.
2. Check the Audio Source
Make sure that the audio source is set to output sound through the aux port. On most devices, you can change the output settings by going to the sound settings menu.
3. Use a High-Quality Cable
To get the best sound quality, it’s important to use a high-quality aux cable. Look for cables that are shielded to reduce interference and have gold-plated connectors for better conductivity.
4. Check the Cable Length
Make sure that the cable is long enough to reach from your audio device to the speaker. If the cable is too short, you may need to invest in an extension cable.
5. Check the Speaker Volume
Make sure that the speaker volume is turned down before connecting the aux cable. If the volume is too high, you may hear a loud popping sound when you connect the cable.
6. Connect the Cable
Once you’ve checked all the settings, connect the aux cable to the speaker’s aux port and your audio device’s audio jack. Make sure that the cable is securely connected to both devices.
7. Adjust the Volume
Now that the cable is connected, adjust the volume on both the speaker and the audio device to get the desired sound level.
By following these tips, you can easily connect your audio device to a wireless speaker via an aux cable and enjoy high-quality sound.
Aux speakers are a great way to enjoy high-quality sound on the go. They offer better sound quality than Bluetooth connections and are not susceptible to interference. By following the tips in this article, you can easily connect your audio device to a wireless speaker via an aux cable and enjoy high-quality sound.
If you’re looking for a portable speaker with an aux input, be sure to check out the JBL Charge 4, Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2, and Bose SoundLink Micro. Each of these speakers offers unique features and advantages, making them great choices for different needs and preferences.
Thank you for reading our article on aux speakers. Be sure to check out our other great content for more tips and insights on technology and gadgets.
Answers To Common Questions
Q.Who can use an aux speaker?
A.Anyone with an audio device that has a 3.5mm audio jack.
Q.What is the difference between aux and Bluetooth connections?
A.Aux connections offer better sound quality, while Bluetooth connections are wireless.
Q.How do I connect my audio device to an aux speaker?
A.Connect one end of the aux cable to your audio device and the other end to the speaker.
Q.What if my aux cable is too short?
A.Consider purchasing an extension cable to reach your speaker.
Q.How do I get the best sound quality from my aux speaker?
A.Use a high-quality, shielded aux cable with gold-plated connectors.
Q.What if I hear a popping sound when I connect my aux cable?
A.Make sure the volume on both the speaker and audio device is turned down before connecting the cable.